BJP `havan` near Modi rally venue to mark Vajpayee birthday
Ranchi: The BJP on Wednesday performed `havan` and prayed for a long life for its leader and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 89th birthday.
The fire ritual was performed at Jagannath Maidan where Gujarat Chief Minister and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would address `Vijay Sankalp Rally` on December 29.
Senior party leader and former deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das said, "The havan at the rally venue was performed to pray for Vajpayeeji`s good health and long life. He has been our inspiration."
Observing the day at BJP`s state headquarters here, former Chief Minister Arjun Munda described Vajpayee as "a versatile leader, who put village development among others in his priority list during his regime".
Several senior party leaders and activists were present at both the places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3