BJP `havan` near Modi rally venue to mark Vajpayee birthday
Ranchi: The BJP on Wednesday performed `havan` and prayed for a long life for its leader and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 89th birthday.
The fire ritual was performed at Jagannath Maidan where Gujarat Chief Minister and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would address `Vijay Sankalp Rally` on December 29.
Senior party leader and former deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das said, "The havan at the rally venue was performed to pray for Vajpayeeji`s good health and long life. He has been our inspiration."
Observing the day at BJP`s state headquarters here, former Chief Minister Arjun Munda described Vajpayee as "a versatile leader, who put village development among others in his priority list during his regime".
Several senior party leaders and activists were present at both the places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital