BJP `havan` near Modi rally venue to mark Vajpayee birthday
Ranchi: The BJP on Wednesday performed `havan` and prayed for a long life for its leader and former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on his 89th birthday.
The fire ritual was performed at Jagannath Maidan where Gujarat Chief Minister and the party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would address `Vijay Sankalp Rally` on December 29.
Senior party leader and former deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar Das said, "The havan at the rally venue was performed to pray for Vajpayeeji`s good health and long life. He has been our inspiration."
Observing the day at BJP`s state headquarters here, former Chief Minister Arjun Munda described Vajpayee as "a versatile leader, who put village development among others in his priority list during his regime".
Several senior party leaders and activists were present at both the places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics