BJP-JMM RS logjam to be settled through dialogue
Dumka: Jharkhand deputy Chief Minister Sudesh Mahto on Saturday said the logjam between ruling allies, BJP and JMM, over the Rajya Sabha elections would be solved through dialogue.
"We are trying to find a solution, it will be found through dialogue," Mahto, the president of Ajsu party, told reporters here.
He, however, did not disclose whom his five-member legislature party would vote for.
The ruling BJP has fielded SS Ahluwalia and its coalition ally Sanjeev Kumar, who had contested the countermanded March 30 elections, for the May 3 elections for two Rajya Sabha seats from the state.
Both the parties have 18 members each and depend on the same allies, including two independent candidates, to win a seat.
Pradeep Kumar Balmachu is the third candidate, and his Congress party has 13 MLAs, and banks on the support of the five-member RJD and a few small parties in the opposition.
Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric), which has 11 members in the assembly, has announced it would abstain from voting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday