BJP leader appeals to maintain peace in clash-hit area
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader C P Singh Thursday appealed to the villagers to maintain peace and harmony in Giridih district`s Teteria Salaidih where a clash had left 14 people injured during Ram Navami procession yesterday.
"It was an unfortunate incident happened due to intelligence failure. A five-member delegation of our party will visit the village and will speak to the people to normalize the situation," Singh told reporters here.
"We appeal to the people to maintain peace and harmony," the former Speaker said.
At least twelve policemen and two villagers were injured in the clash between the securitymen and villagers at Teteria Salaidih yesterday, police said.
Deputy Commissioner Deep Prabha Lakra claimed gun shots were first fired from the side of the procession, forcing the police to fire in the air.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss