BJP leader appeals to maintain peace in clash-hit area
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader C P Singh Thursday appealed to the villagers to maintain peace and harmony in Giridih district`s Teteria Salaidih where a clash had left 14 people injured during Ram Navami procession yesterday.
"It was an unfortunate incident happened due to intelligence failure. A five-member delegation of our party will visit the village and will speak to the people to normalize the situation," Singh told reporters here.
"We appeal to the people to maintain peace and harmony," the former Speaker said.
At least twelve policemen and two villagers were injured in the clash between the securitymen and villagers at Teteria Salaidih yesterday, police said.
Deputy Commissioner Deep Prabha Lakra claimed gun shots were first fired from the side of the procession, forcing the police to fire in the air.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune