BJP leader appeals to maintain peace in clash-hit area
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader C P Singh Thursday appealed to the villagers to maintain peace and harmony in Giridih district`s Teteria Salaidih where a clash had left 14 people injured during Ram Navami procession yesterday.
"It was an unfortunate incident happened due to intelligence failure. A five-member delegation of our party will visit the village and will speak to the people to normalize the situation," Singh told reporters here.
"We appeal to the people to maintain peace and harmony," the former Speaker said.
At least twelve policemen and two villagers were injured in the clash between the securitymen and villagers at Teteria Salaidih yesterday, police said.
Deputy Commissioner Deep Prabha Lakra claimed gun shots were first fired from the side of the procession, forcing the police to fire in the air.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley