BJP leader Yashwant Sinha released from Hazaribagh jail
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Senior BJP leader and former union minister Yashwant Sinha was on Thursday released from a prison in Hazaribagh, a day after he was granted bail by a local court in Jharkhand.
Sinha, who spent a fortnight in jail, was released from jail after furnishing two surety bonds of Rs 7,000 each.
All the workers too furnished surety bonds.
Soon after his release from Hazaribagh Central Jail, Sinha went to Bes village where he demonstrated in protest against electricity crisis.
Sinha had moved the bail petition on Tuesday, but arguments in the case were deferred till Wednesday as top party leader LK Advani was scheduled to meet him on Tuesday.
After meeting Sinha in jail on Tuesday, Advani did not rule out the possibility of a larger role for him in the state. Advani had also appealed him to seek bail and lead the agitation in the state.
Sinha was arrested on June 02 while he was leading a demonstration against the state`s poor power scenario and had locked up officials of the electricity board.
He was presented before the court on June 03 where he refused to seek bail and was sent to judicial custody.
On Monday, Sinha`s judicial custody was extended till June 28.
Fifty-seven Bharatiya Janata Party workers, who had also refused to seek bail, were also granted bail along with Sinha on Wednesday.
BJP leaders Rajiv Pratap Rudy and Shahnawaz Hussain met Sinha in jail last week.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi