BJP MLA escapes unhurt Maoist attack in Singhbhum
Chaibasa: BJP MLA Gurusaran Nayak
on Monday escaped a bid on his life when Maoists fired
indiscriminately a few metres away from his car near Harta
village in Jharkhand`s West Singhbhum district.
The incident took place over a month after Independent MP
Inder Singh Namdhari survived a rebel attack.
As soon as the Maoists opened fire some metres away from
Nayak`s car, the accompanying security personnel whisked him
away to a nearby CRPF camp, and no harm was done," SP Arun
Kumar Singh told reporters here.
Other security personnel stayed back and returned the
fire resulting in an encounter, he said, adding additional
reinforcements were rushed to the spot.
The legislator was returning after inaugurating the chief
minister`s Kanyadan Yozana at Harta Middle School in the
district when the incident took place.
"I was the target of the Maoists, but I am safe," Nayak
said when contacted.
On December 3, the Maoists attacked the convoy of
Namdhari, who escaped unhurt but 10 policemen and a child were
killed in that attack by the rebels at Ladu More in Latehar
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi