BJP MLA slams Centre for minority reservation
Ranchi: BJP MLA Raghuvar Das on Friday slammed
the Centre’s decision yesterday to give a sub-quota of 4.5 per
cent to minorities within the 27 per cent reservation for the
"Taking out 4.5 per cent from the OBC quota to give it to
minorities in unconstitutional. There is no provision in the
constitution to accord reservation on the basis of religion,"
Das said while raising the issue in the state assembly.
"This is vote back politics," Das said and alleged the
"face" of the Congress was "exposed".
Reacting sharply, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
MLA Pradip Yadav demanded that the BJP-led Jharkhand
government should also introduce the reservation on the lines
of the Central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire