BJP MLA slams Centre for minority reservation
Ranchi: BJP MLA Raghuvar Das on Friday slammed
the Centre’s decision yesterday to give a sub-quota of 4.5 per
cent to minorities within the 27 per cent reservation for the
"Taking out 4.5 per cent from the OBC quota to give it to
minorities in unconstitutional. There is no provision in the
constitution to accord reservation on the basis of religion,"
Das said while raising the issue in the state assembly.
"This is vote back politics," Das said and alleged the
"face" of the Congress was "exposed".
Reacting sharply, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
MLA Pradip Yadav demanded that the BJP-led Jharkhand
government should also introduce the reservation on the lines
of the Central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding