BJP MLA slams Centre for minority reservation
Ranchi: BJP MLA Raghuvar Das on Friday slammed
the Centre’s decision yesterday to give a sub-quota of 4.5 per
cent to minorities within the 27 per cent reservation for the
"Taking out 4.5 per cent from the OBC quota to give it to
minorities in unconstitutional. There is no provision in the
constitution to accord reservation on the basis of religion,"
Das said while raising the issue in the state assembly.
"This is vote back politics," Das said and alleged the
"face" of the Congress was "exposed".
Reacting sharply, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric)
MLA Pradip Yadav demanded that the BJP-led Jharkhand
government should also introduce the reservation on the lines
of the Central government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations