BJP MLA`s wife sells vegetables in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Muliya Devi is no ordinary vegetable
vendor. Wife of a three-time MLA in Jharkhand, Muliya`s
spartan lifestyle is an example to politicians in a state
rocked by the `Koda scam`.
"What is the prospect of your MLA husband in this
election?" asked a customer. "Chances are very bright," she
replied at a vegetable market at Barkagoan in Hazaribagh
She is the wife of three-time BJP MLA Loknath Mahato,
whose fate has been sealed in the EVM in the second phase of
polling from Barkagoan assembly seat.
Muliya sells the surplus vegetables that she and her sons
grow in their yard.
"I don`t depend on my husband`s income. We grow brinjal,
tomatoes and other vegetables. And I sell the surplus
vegetable in the vegetable market," a proud Devi says.
Mahato, who has been winning the seat from 1995 on BJP
ticket, said had his wife not supported him financially, he
could not have been in politics and social service.
"Whatever I am entitled to as an MLA, I spend it on my
workforce, marriage ceremonies of the people in my
constituency and their medical needs," Mahato said over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress