BJP MLA`s wife sells vegetables in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Muliya Devi is no ordinary vegetable
vendor. Wife of a three-time MLA in Jharkhand, Muliya`s
spartan lifestyle is an example to politicians in a state
rocked by the `Koda scam`.
"What is the prospect of your MLA husband in this
election?" asked a customer. "Chances are very bright," she
replied at a vegetable market at Barkagoan in Hazaribagh
She is the wife of three-time BJP MLA Loknath Mahato,
whose fate has been sealed in the EVM in the second phase of
polling from Barkagoan assembly seat.
Muliya sells the surplus vegetables that she and her sons
grow in their yard.
"I don`t depend on my husband`s income. We grow brinjal,
tomatoes and other vegetables. And I sell the surplus
vegetable in the vegetable market," a proud Devi says.
Mahato, who has been winning the seat from 1995 on BJP
ticket, said had his wife not supported him financially, he
could not have been in politics and social service.
"Whatever I am entitled to as an MLA, I spend it on my
workforce, marriage ceremonies of the people in my
constituency and their medical needs," Mahato said over
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot