BJP MP calls off indefinite fast
Deoghar (Jharkhand): BJP MP from Godda
Nishikant Dubey called off his indefinite fast on the second
day on Sunday after party president Nitin Gadkari assured to look
into his demands for implementation of various people oriented
development projects in Santhal Pargana region of the state.
Dubey said he has decided to call off the agitation
following assurances from the Gadkari and Sushma Swaraj,
Leader of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha that his demands
would be looked into.
Dubey broke his after the Deputy Commissioner of Deoghar,
K Ravi Kumar and Police Superintendent Subodh Prasad offered
him juice this evening.
Even Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has directed
the district administration to look into the implementation of
pending projects raised by Dubey.
Dubey sat on indefinite fast at Vir Kunwar Chowk
yesterday to mount pressure on the Jharkhand as well as Union
governments to implement people-oriented development projects
lying pending for long in Santhal Paragana division.
The demands of Dubey include - all the six district
including Dumka, Deoghar, Godda be included in integrated
development plan of the government, 500-bed hospital with all
modern facility in Hasidiha, Dumka, expansion of airport in
Deoghar, development the temple township of Deoghar as
He also demanded construction of Dumri-Rampur hat road
via Deoghat and Deoghar-Sahebgunj road via Godda, Rail line
between Hansdiha-Godda, modern schools, colleges,
polytechnique institutes in all blocks of the divison .
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style