BJP rally near Jharkhand village of Patna blast accused?
Ranchi: The Jharkhand unit of the BJP Wednesday is planning to hold a rally by the party`s prime minister candidate Narendra Modi Dec 29 at a ground in Ranchi close to the village from which two accused in the Patna blasts hail.
Two of the men arrested in connection with the blasts in Patna Oct 27, just ahead of a rally addressed by Modi, hail from Sihthiyo village, Ranchi.
The state unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party, having been denied permission by district authorities to hold a rally at the Morabadi grounds in the state capital, is now planning on a rally in Dhruva, very close to village Sihthiyo.
The Morabadi grounds, district authorities have said, is booked between Dec 17 and Jan 3.
"We await the response of the Ranchi administration to our request. If denied the Morabadi grounds, we will be forced to hold the rally at Dhurva, near Sihthiyo village. The Patna blasts ahead of the Modi rally were planned and executed by some youths of Sithityo village. We are concerned about security, and the Jharkhand government does not seem to have learned any lessons from the Patna blasts," Pradeep Sinha, Jharkhand BJP spokesperson, told IANS.
Jharkhand police chief Rajeev Kumar, however, said there was no cause for worry as adequate security would be provided for the Modi rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air