BJP rally near Jharkhand village of Patna blast accused?
Ranchi: The Jharkhand unit of the BJP Wednesday is planning to hold a rally by the party`s prime minister candidate Narendra Modi Dec 29 at a ground in Ranchi close to the village from which two accused in the Patna blasts hail.
Two of the men arrested in connection with the blasts in Patna Oct 27, just ahead of a rally addressed by Modi, hail from Sihthiyo village, Ranchi.
The state unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party, having been denied permission by district authorities to hold a rally at the Morabadi grounds in the state capital, is now planning on a rally in Dhruva, very close to village Sihthiyo.
The Morabadi grounds, district authorities have said, is booked between Dec 17 and Jan 3.
"We await the response of the Ranchi administration to our request. If denied the Morabadi grounds, we will be forced to hold the rally at Dhurva, near Sihthiyo village. The Patna blasts ahead of the Modi rally were planned and executed by some youths of Sithityo village. We are concerned about security, and the Jharkhand government does not seem to have learned any lessons from the Patna blasts," Pradeep Sinha, Jharkhand BJP spokesperson, told IANS.
Jharkhand police chief Rajeev Kumar, however, said there was no cause for worry as adequate security would be provided for the Modi rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi