BJP refuses to withdraw candidate from RS poll
Ranchi: Ruling BJP on Thursday rejected the plea of its state coalition ally Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) to it to withdraw its candidate S S Ahluwalia for Rajya Sabha poll even as the last date of withdrawal of nominations ended.
"Our candidate is very much in the fray and we will ensure his win," BJP?s state unit secretary Pradip Kumar Sinha said.
BJP persisted with its candidate a day after JMM leader and Deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren had written a letter to BJP President Nitin Gadkari and urged him to withdraw Ahluwalia from the race and instead support JMM candidate Sanjeev Kumar.
Besides, Ahluwalia and Kumar, Congress’ Pradeep Kumar Balmachu is in the fray for the two Rajya Sabha seats going to polls on May 3.
Unlike in the countermanded March 30 RS polls, there are no Independent candidates this time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog