BJP responsible for power shortage: Soren
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren Tuesday alleged that BJP was responsible for the shortage of electricity as MoUs signed during its regime in the energy sector had failed to increase a single unit of power in the state.
"If any party has been responsible for the (power) situation, it is the BJP. They have signed MoUs, but failed to add a single unit," Soren told reporters here.
"BJP should not blame others for its failure," he said.
Reacting to media queries on BJP agitation on power, Soren said it was the saffron party`s "politics over electricity" and had nothing to do with the concerns of the people.
The chief minister said work in power department was going on in full swing after the process of unbundling of Jharkhand State Electricity Board was completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal