BJP seeks a day`s time from Jharkhand Governor
Ranchi: The BJP has sought time till tomorrow from Jharkhand Governor M O H Farooq on the possibility of forming the government after the exit of Chief Minister Shibu Soren last night.
BJP state president Raghuvar Das, who met the Governor twice in the morning, told reporters that he was asked by Farooq whether his party was interested in government
Stating that he had sought time till tomorrow, Das, who was the deputy chief minister in the Soren government, said that he would consult leaders and MLAs at 6:00 pm and
place the governor`s proposal before them.
"The governor will be informed about whatever decision is taken," he said.
To a question that most party MLAs were for exploring possibilities of government formation, Das replied, "the state leadership has no such information. All MLAs and leaders are united and will follow the directive of the central leadership."
The BJP has 18 MLAs in the 82-member House. The JMM has an equal number of legislators. The AJSU with five MLAs and the JD(U) with two had supported the Soren government.
The JD(U) and BJP had withdrawn support to the government, reducing it to a minority.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her