BJP seeks Prez`s intervention for early polls Jharkhand
New Delhi: BJP Thursday asked President Pratibha Patil to direct the Jharkhand Governor to dissolve the state assembly to enable holding of early elections in the state which is presently under Central rule.
A BJP delegation, led by its Jharkhand unit chief Raghuvar Das, met Patil here.
"We informed the President that keeping the legislative assembly in a suspended animation had no logic as no political party in Jharkhand is in a position to form a new
government," Das told reporters after the meeting.
He said Home Minister P Chidambaram had assured the Lok Sabha that the government would write to the Election Commission shortly requesting it to hold the elections in
the state. "But the people of Jharkhand were shocked when EC announced election dates for three states which did not include Jharkhand," he added.
Das said the delegation also informed Patil about the CBI raids against the OSD and PA of the then Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi. "We told her that such developments
were not good for the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...