BJP seeks Prez`s intervention for early polls Jharkhand
New Delhi: BJP Thursday asked President Pratibha Patil to direct the Jharkhand Governor to dissolve the state assembly to enable holding of early elections in the state which is presently under Central rule.
A BJP delegation, led by its Jharkhand unit chief Raghuvar Das, met Patil here.
"We informed the President that keeping the legislative assembly in a suspended animation had no logic as no political party in Jharkhand is in a position to form a new
government," Das told reporters after the meeting.
He said Home Minister P Chidambaram had assured the Lok Sabha that the government would write to the Election Commission shortly requesting it to hold the elections in
the state. "But the people of Jharkhand were shocked when EC announced election dates for three states which did not include Jharkhand," he added.
Das said the delegation also informed Patil about the CBI raids against the OSD and PA of the then Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi. "We told her that such developments
were not good for the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?