BJP seeks Prez`s intervention for early polls Jharkhand
New Delhi: BJP Thursday asked President Pratibha Patil to direct the Jharkhand Governor to dissolve the state assembly to enable holding of early elections in the state which is presently under Central rule.
A BJP delegation, led by its Jharkhand unit chief Raghuvar Das, met Patil here.
"We informed the President that keeping the legislative assembly in a suspended animation had no logic as no political party in Jharkhand is in a position to form a new
government," Das told reporters after the meeting.
He said Home Minister P Chidambaram had assured the Lok Sabha that the government would write to the Election Commission shortly requesting it to hold the elections in
the state. "But the people of Jharkhand were shocked when EC announced election dates for three states which did not include Jharkhand," he added.
Das said the delegation also informed Patil about the CBI raids against the OSD and PA of the then Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi. "We told her that such developments
were not good for the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’