BJP seeks Prez`s intervention for early polls Jharkhand
New Delhi: BJP Thursday asked President Pratibha Patil to direct the Jharkhand Governor to dissolve the state assembly to enable holding of early elections in the state which is presently under Central rule.
A BJP delegation, led by its Jharkhand unit chief Raghuvar Das, met Patil here.
"We informed the President that keeping the legislative assembly in a suspended animation had no logic as no political party in Jharkhand is in a position to form a new
government," Das told reporters after the meeting.
He said Home Minister P Chidambaram had assured the Lok Sabha that the government would write to the Election Commission shortly requesting it to hold the elections in
the state. "But the people of Jharkhand were shocked when EC announced election dates for three states which did not include Jharkhand," he added.
Das said the delegation also informed Patil about the CBI raids against the OSD and PA of the then Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi. "We told her that such developments
were not good for the state," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony