BJP should explain its tie up with JMM: Marandi
Ranchi: Jharkhand Vikas Morcha Chief Babulal
Marandi today asked BJP President Nitin Gatkari to "explain"
his party`s alliance with the JMM claiming that the two
outfits stand poles apart vis-a-vis ideologies.
"When the BJP and the JMM joined hands, Nitin Gatkari had
termed it as BJP`s compulsion. The people of Jharkhand want to
know what is that compulsion," the former chief minister told
"That the ideologies between the parties are different
are evident from the BJP`s protest against Ranganath Mishra
report recommending reservation to minorities. Others differed
with the BJP on the report...even Bihar Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar is on record backing the recommendation," he said.
Marandi also demanded an "explanation" from JMM President
Shibu Soren on his party`s alliance with the saffron party.
Terming the BJP-JMM alliance as a "marriage of
convenience", he said "It is not a proper match. We will see
how long their honeymoon lasts."
The JVM-P chief said his party would play the role of a
constructive Opposition in the House. He left it to allaince
partner Congress to name the leader of Opposition in the state
The Congress-JVM combine, which won 25 seats in the just
concluded assembly polls, backed out of the race for
government formation after the NDA, JMM, AJSU and JJM formed a
coalition under Soren`s leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what