BJP targets JMM, wants election in Jharkhand
New Delhi: Amid the ongoing political crisis in Jharkhand and efforts from the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) to form a new coalition government with the Congress, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday said that election is the only way to solve the problem in Jharkhand.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain alleged that Shibu Soren-led JMM is desperate for power.
“No other option is left in Jharkhand, election is the only way out. The JMM is desperate for power, but we will not compromise with our ideology and commitments. We were not ready to compromise with the manner in which they wanted to run the government,” said Hussain.
“Now, there is no other option left except election, and we are trying to convince the Governor for this,” he added.
The JMM, which pulled out of Arjun Munda-led coalition government in Jharkhand last week, has so far expressed its willingness to form a new government in the state with the help of Congress.
According to certain media reports, Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmad is likely to recommend a President`s rule in the state with neither the Congress nor the JMM having the numbers to form the next government on their own.
The JMM has 18 members in the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly and the Congress 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- Watch: CCTV footage of open firing on a liquor shop in Jabalpur
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!