BJP to court arrest on Friday over recommendation of Prez Rule
Ranchi: The BJP on Thursday said its members would court arrest tomorrow in Jharkhand against the Union Cabinet`s recommendation of President`s Rule in the state keeping the Assembly in suspended animation.
"The party has called a jail bharo andolan in every district tomorrow in protest against the Centre ignoring the cabinet decision to dissolve the house in favour of a fresh mandate," BJP?s state unit President Dineshanand Goswami said.
"The Arjun Munda government had recommended dissolution of the House, but the Congress-led government at the Centre wants the assembly to be kept in suspended animation under President?s rule to rule the state indirectly," Goswami said at a dharna near Raj Bhavan.
Ajsu party President and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto said "The decision is contrary to the people’s desire for an elected government. Keeping the assembly in suspended animation under President’s rule is no alternative."
He said since no party had the mandate to form a government the Assembly should have been dissolved to allow a fresh mandate.
Mahto was one of the seven ministers present on January 8 when the erstwhile Arjun Munda government recommended dissolution of House to Governor Syed Ahmed to pave the way for fresh elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH