BJP to decide whom to support Mandu by-poll
Jamshedpur: The BJP, which has not fielded any candidate for the Mandu by-poll, on Monday said it will decide whether to support the JMM or JD(U) both allies in the bypoll after withdrawal of nomination.
"We have decided not to contest the by-poll and will take a decision about extending support to our allies contesting the by-poll after withdrawal of nomination," Dineshanand Goswami, Jharkhand unit President of BJP told a press
Goswami said a meeting of the leadership will be convened soon after the withdrawal of nomination and it will take a decision in this regard after consulting our party high command.
The by-poll was necessitated following the death of JMM sitting MLA, Teklal Mahto last month.
JMM and JD(U), both allies in the Arjun Munda-led coalition government in the state, have fielded its candidates for the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'