BJP to decide whom to support Mandu by-poll
Jamshedpur: The BJP, which has not fielded any candidate for the Mandu by-poll, on Monday said it will decide whether to support the JMM or JD(U) both allies in the bypoll after withdrawal of nomination.
"We have decided not to contest the by-poll and will take a decision about extending support to our allies contesting the by-poll after withdrawal of nomination," Dineshanand Goswami, Jharkhand unit President of BJP told a press
Goswami said a meeting of the leadership will be convened soon after the withdrawal of nomination and it will take a decision in this regard after consulting our party high command.
The by-poll was necessitated following the death of JMM sitting MLA, Teklal Mahto last month.
JMM and JD(U), both allies in the Arjun Munda-led coalition government in the state, have fielded its candidates for the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey