BJP to demonstrate outside J’khand Guv’s house for early polls
Ranchi: The Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Jharkhand unit Sunday announced that it would hold a demonstration in front of the Governor`s house on October 11 to press for early Assembly elections in the state.
"Around one lakh (100,000) party workers from all over the state will participate in the demonstration. We will surround the Governor house from all sides demanding fulfilment of the 20-point agenda we had submitted to Governor K Sankaranarayanan earlier. The prominent demands include early elections and waiving of loans of the farmers," state BJP chief Raghubar Das told media persons here.
Calling it the BJP`s fight for the people of the state, he said people of the state will participate in the demonstration, when asked about the prominent leaders who will participate in the programme. "This not a programme of leaders, rather it is a programme of the people who want early elections and good government in the state," he said.
"Congress has hijacked the democratic system in Jharkhand and is trying to implant its agenda by using the governor," Das alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!