BJP to demonstrate outside J’khand Guv’s house for early polls
Ranchi: The Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Jharkhand unit Sunday announced that it would hold a demonstration in front of the Governor`s house on October 11 to press for early Assembly elections in the state.
"Around one lakh (100,000) party workers from all over the state will participate in the demonstration. We will surround the Governor house from all sides demanding fulfilment of the 20-point agenda we had submitted to Governor K Sankaranarayanan earlier. The prominent demands include early elections and waiving of loans of the farmers," state BJP chief Raghubar Das told media persons here.
Calling it the BJP`s fight for the people of the state, he said people of the state will participate in the demonstration, when asked about the prominent leaders who will participate in the programme. "This not a programme of leaders, rather it is a programme of the people who want early elections and good government in the state," he said.
"Congress has hijacked the democratic system in Jharkhand and is trying to implant its agenda by using the governor," Das alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi