BJP to demonstrate outside J’khand Guv’s house for early polls
Ranchi: The Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) Jharkhand unit Sunday announced that it would hold a demonstration in front of the Governor`s house on October 11 to press for early Assembly elections in the state.
"Around one lakh (100,000) party workers from all over the state will participate in the demonstration. We will surround the Governor house from all sides demanding fulfilment of the 20-point agenda we had submitted to Governor K Sankaranarayanan earlier. The prominent demands include early elections and waiving of loans of the farmers," state BJP chief Raghubar Das told media persons here.
Calling it the BJP`s fight for the people of the state, he said people of the state will participate in the demonstration, when asked about the prominent leaders who will participate in the programme. "This not a programme of leaders, rather it is a programme of the people who want early elections and good government in the state," he said.
"Congress has hijacked the democratic system in Jharkhand and is trying to implant its agenda by using the governor," Das alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach