BJP to have own security team of activists for Modi rally: Das
Ranchi: The BJP has set up its own `security team` comprising party activists for its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s December 29 `Vijay Sankalp` rally at Dhurwa, a senior party leader on Wednesday said.
Incidentally, Dhurwa was the central point of NIA`s probe into the October 27 Patna serial bomb blasts case.
"The party has set up its own security team comprising party activists to see off the rally peacefully," senior BJP leader and former Jharkhand deputy chief minister Raghuvar Das told a press conference here.
He also said a DGP-level meeting was held recently on security-related matters ahead of the rally, scheduled to be held in a school ground at Dhurwa.
"The government should be sensitive and serious on security-related matters for the rally as Jharkhand is not only a hub for ultra-Left extremists, but also Ranchi is NIA`s central point of probe into the Patna bomb blasts which occurred near Gandhi Maidan just before Narendra Modi`s speech," Das said.
To a question on RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav`s attack on Modi and his accusation of BJP being a communal outfit, he said, "The recent results of the Assembly elections in five states have shown that people are above religion, caste and language. And I don`t want to stoop to Lalu`s level as his comments reflect arrogance."
Soon after being released from jail on bail in a fodder scam case on Monday, Lalu had accused Modi of being a supporter of Capitalists and that he would "rein in Modi`s communal Rath."
"The RJD knows how people had rejected it in both Assembly and Lok Sabha elections," Das added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre