BJP urges governor to dissolve Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday urged Governor Syed Ahmed to immediately dissolve the 82-member state assembly.
Accompanied by Bharatiya Janata Party state president Ravindra Rai and others, Munda met the governor and requested him to dissolve the House and pave the way for fresh polls.
The party also submitted a memorandum backing their demand, according to an official release.
The move by BJP to call on the governor comes in the wake of Congress and JMM inching towards forming the ninth government in Jharkhand in a little over 12 years.
Meanwhile, in Jamshedpur, another former chief minister, Babulal Marandi, said his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) would observe "black day" in the state if any government was formed in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you