BJP urges Governor to dissolve Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda on Friday urged Governor Syed Ahmed to immediately dissolve the 82-member state Assembly.
Accompanied by Bharatiya Janata Party state president Ravindra Rai and others, Munda met the governor and requested him to dissolve the House and pave the way for fresh polls.
The party also submitted a memorandum backing their demand, according to an official release.
The move by BJP to call on the governor comes in the wake of Congress and JMM inching towards forming the ninth government in Jharkhand in a little over 12 years.
Meanwhile, in Jamshedpur, another former chief minister,Babulal Marandi, said his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) would observe "black day" in the state if any government was formed in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof