BJP urges Governor to dissolve Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda on Friday urged Governor Syed Ahmed to immediately dissolve the 82-member state Assembly.
Accompanied by Bharatiya Janata Party state president Ravindra Rai and others, Munda met the governor and requested him to dissolve the House and pave the way for fresh polls.
The party also submitted a memorandum backing their demand, according to an official release.
The move by BJP to call on the governor comes in the wake of Congress and JMM inching towards forming the ninth government in Jharkhand in a little over 12 years.
Meanwhile, in Jamshedpur, another former chief minister,Babulal Marandi, said his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) would observe "black day" in the state if any government was formed in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Silsila was trashed by media at time of release: Amitabh Bachchan
- Irrfan Khan wanted to make film on Mahasweta Devi's life
- Hard to digest! 90-year-old woman comes back to life at funeral, says she met 'Yamraj'
- Panasonic launches T44 lite smartphone at Rs 3,199
- Gold prices slumps by Rs 100 to 30,800 per ten grams