BJP urges Governor to dissolve Jharkhand Assembly
Ranchi: Former Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda on Friday urged Governor Syed Ahmed to immediately dissolve the 82-member state Assembly.
Accompanied by Bharatiya Janata Party state president Ravindra Rai and others, Munda met the governor and requested him to dissolve the House and pave the way for fresh polls.
The party also submitted a memorandum backing their demand, according to an official release.
The move by BJP to call on the governor comes in the wake of Congress and JMM inching towards forming the ninth government in Jharkhand in a little over 12 years.
Meanwhile, in Jamshedpur, another former chief minister,Babulal Marandi, said his Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantric) would observe "black day" in the state if any government was formed in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016