BJP warns Jharkhand Governor of `social boycott`
Dhanbad: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday warned Governor Syed Ahmed of "social boycott" and "choking" power and water supply to Raj Bhavan if he failed to recommend dissolution of the Jharkhand Assembly by July 13.
"The party has decided to lay indefinite siege of Raj Bhavan from July 14 if the Governor fails to recommend dissolution of the House before July 13," BJP state unit president Ravindra Rai told reporters after the party`s two- day state council meeting at Jharia near here.
"During the siege, the movement of Governor from Raj Bhavan will be blocked, party activists will snap water and power supply to Raj Bhavan and the Governor will be socially boycotted after July 18 -- the day President`s rule ends after its six-month period," Rai warned.
President`s rule was imposed in Jharkhand on January 18 after the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8.
He said the council meeting expressed serious concern over the law and order statistics released by the police headquarters during the five months.
According to the police data, 750 murders and 500 cases of rape were reported across the state during the period.
The party would hold meetings on June 24 to chalk out plans ahead of Raj Bhavan gherao as well as preparation for Lok Sabha and Assembly Elections, Rai said.
The BJP`s Jharkhand in-charge Ramapati Tripathi and national coordinator Shodan Singh would attend the meeting on June 24, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you