BJP warns Jharkhand Governor of `social boycott`
Dhanbad: The Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday warned Governor Syed Ahmed of "social boycott" and "choking" power and water supply to Raj Bhavan if he failed to recommend dissolution of the Jharkhand Assembly by July 13.
"The party has decided to lay indefinite siege of Raj Bhavan from July 14 if the Governor fails to recommend dissolution of the House before July 13," BJP state unit president Ravindra Rai told reporters after the party`s two- day state council meeting at Jharia near here.
"During the siege, the movement of Governor from Raj Bhavan will be blocked, party activists will snap water and power supply to Raj Bhavan and the Governor will be socially boycotted after July 18 -- the day President`s rule ends after its six-month period," Rai warned.
President`s rule was imposed in Jharkhand on January 18 after the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8.
He said the council meeting expressed serious concern over the law and order statistics released by the police headquarters during the five months.
According to the police data, 750 murders and 500 cases of rape were reported across the state during the period.
The party would hold meetings on June 24 to chalk out plans ahead of Raj Bhavan gherao as well as preparation for Lok Sabha and Assembly Elections, Rai said.
The BJP`s Jharkhand in-charge Ramapati Tripathi and national coordinator Shodan Singh would attend the meeting on June 24, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!