BJP will contest all 14 LS seats in Jharkhand: Munda
Jamshedpur: BJP will contest all the 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand on its own in the 2014 general election, former chief minister and senior party leader Arjun Munda said on Friday.
"We will contest all the 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand but it has not yet been decided who will contest from which constituency," Munda said when asked whether he would contest from Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat.
Expressing confidence that BJP has bright prospect to improve its tally in the general election next year, Munda said Central leadership of the party has nominated Modi as the party?s prime ministerial candidate and party leaders and workers were engaged to strengthen his hands to form the next government.
Munda said people of the country want to see Modi as the next prime minister and expect him to put rein over the prevailing corruption, unemployment, internal and external security problems.
Referring the demand for Special status to Jharkhand, Munda said the state government should have placed its demand technically instead of issuing statements.
It is easy to give statement than turning it into action, Munda said claiming that he had taken up the issue at a meeting of National Development Council during his tenure.
Munda, however, refused to comment on the performance of Hemant Soren-headed coalition government in the state.
We will wait for next three months before making comment on the performance of the incumbent government in Jharkhand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender