BJP will contest all 14 LS seats in Jharkhand: Munda
Jamshedpur: BJP will contest all the 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand on its own in the 2014 general election, former chief minister and senior party leader Arjun Munda said on Friday.
"We will contest all the 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand but it has not yet been decided who will contest from which constituency," Munda said when asked whether he would contest from Jamshedpur Lok Sabha seat.
Expressing confidence that BJP has bright prospect to improve its tally in the general election next year, Munda said Central leadership of the party has nominated Modi as the party?s prime ministerial candidate and party leaders and workers were engaged to strengthen his hands to form the next government.
Munda said people of the country want to see Modi as the next prime minister and expect him to put rein over the prevailing corruption, unemployment, internal and external security problems.
Referring the demand for Special status to Jharkhand, Munda said the state government should have placed its demand technically instead of issuing statements.
It is easy to give statement than turning it into action, Munda said claiming that he had taken up the issue at a meeting of National Development Council during his tenure.
Munda, however, refused to comment on the performance of Hemant Soren-headed coalition government in the state.
We will wait for next three months before making comment on the performance of the incumbent government in Jharkhand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka