BJP withdrawal of support to Soren government justified: Thakur
Patna: Newly elected Bihar BJP president C P
Thakur on Wednesday justified his party`s decision to withdraw
support to the JMM-led government in Jharkhand, saying the JMM
chief had acted in a "dubious manner".
"The BJP Parliamentary Board took the right decision
after taking a serious view of the dubious manner in which
Shibu Soren sided with the ruling government during the cut
motion in the Lok Sabha yesterday," Thakur told reporters.
Thakur said deputy chief minister of Jharkhand Raghubar
Das along with other party leaders would be submitting their
resignation letters to the Governor soon.
BJP president Gadkari was focused on Bihar, and he would
visit the state prior to the national executive committee
meeting scheduled for June 12 and 13 in Patna, he said.
His first task would be to provide equal status to all
sections of society and bring workers of BJP and JD-U on a
common platform, the newly elected BJP president said.
Taking a cue from Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar`s
`Vishwash Yatra` from Valmikinagar in West Champaran district,
the BJP would also launch a `Sampark Yatra` soon, he added.
The Sampark Yatra is aimed to convey voters about the
achievements of the NDA government during the past four and a
half years of its rule and to seek for a second term in the
state, Thakur said.
Asked about the Bataidari Bill, he said it was a dead
issue as the chief minister had himself clarified that the
recommendations of D Bandhopadyaya Commission on land reforms
would not be implemented in the state.
He alleged that a few disgruntled elements opposed to
the chief minister were organising the `Kisan Mahapanchayat`
to derive petty political gains.
The party would organise a massive rally on June 13 here
that would be addressed by party president Nitin Gadkari,
former Deputy Prime Minister L K Advani, Sushma Swaraj, Arun
Jaitely and other top leaders, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued