BJP`s `jail hharo` in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Over 15,000 BJP workers and leaders on Friday courted arrest across Jharkhand in the saffron party`s countrywide `jail bharo` to protest the petrol price hike and inflation.
BJP`s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami and former president Yadunath Pandey, party MLAs, MPs and other leaders led the party workers in courting arrest.
Party MPs Debi Dhan Besra and Ravindra Pandey and MLAs Uma Shankar Akela, Nilkanth Singh Munda and Kamlesh Oraon took part in the agitation.
BJP’s spokesman Pradip Sinha said in a statement, "Our party demands
immediate roll back of petrol prices and of essential commodities."
He said that a jail bharo would be held in Ranchi tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan