BJP`s `jail hharo` in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Over 15,000 BJP workers and leaders on Friday courted arrest across Jharkhand in the saffron party`s countrywide `jail bharo` to protest the petrol price hike and inflation.
BJP`s state unit president Dineshanand Goswami and former president Yadunath Pandey, party MLAs, MPs and other leaders led the party workers in courting arrest.
Party MPs Debi Dhan Besra and Ravindra Pandey and MLAs Uma Shankar Akela, Nilkanth Singh Munda and Kamlesh Oraon took part in the agitation.
BJP’s spokesman Pradip Sinha said in a statement, "Our party demands
immediate roll back of petrol prices and of essential commodities."
He said that a jail bharo would be held in Ranchi tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown