Bodies of missing J’khand girls found in Rishikesh
Dehradun/Dumka: The bodies of two teenage
girls, who were missing from Ranchi for over a week, were
on Friday recovered from a canal in Uttarakhand`s Pauri district,
The bodies of the two girls were found floating in the
canal at Laxman Jhoola area, they said.
Nikita Kumari (18) and her friend Mausam Modi (19),
who used to study at Bokaro and Ranchi respectively, were
missing from July 20, they said.
Nikita, who frequently visited the hostel of her
friend Mausum at Ranchi, had sent an SMS to her father on his
cellphone that she was going to commit suicide.
Her father had called back, but it was found switched
off, they said.
Both of them had passed the higher secondary exam this
year, family sources said.
Mausam`s father Sarwan owns a stationery shop while
Nikita`s father Ashok Sao has a garment shop.
Mausam`s uncle Suman Modi told reporters that members
of both the affected families will leave for Hardiwar today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS