Bodies of missing J’khand girls found in Rishikesh
Dehradun/Dumka: The bodies of two teenage
girls, who were missing from Ranchi for over a week, were
on Friday recovered from a canal in Uttarakhand`s Pauri district,
The bodies of the two girls were found floating in the
canal at Laxman Jhoola area, they said.
Nikita Kumari (18) and her friend Mausam Modi (19),
who used to study at Bokaro and Ranchi respectively, were
missing from July 20, they said.
Nikita, who frequently visited the hostel of her
friend Mausum at Ranchi, had sent an SMS to her father on his
cellphone that she was going to commit suicide.
Her father had called back, but it was found switched
off, they said.
Both of them had passed the higher secondary exam this
year, family sources said.
Mausam`s father Sarwan owns a stationery shop while
Nikita`s father Ashok Sao has a garment shop.
Mausam`s uncle Suman Modi told reporters that members
of both the affected families will leave for Hardiwar today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?