Bodies of missing J’khand girls found in Rishikesh
Dehradun/Dumka: The bodies of two teenage
girls, who were missing from Ranchi for over a week, were
on Friday recovered from a canal in Uttarakhand`s Pauri district,
The bodies of the two girls were found floating in the
canal at Laxman Jhoola area, they said.
Nikita Kumari (18) and her friend Mausam Modi (19),
who used to study at Bokaro and Ranchi respectively, were
missing from July 20, they said.
Nikita, who frequently visited the hostel of her
friend Mausum at Ranchi, had sent an SMS to her father on his
cellphone that she was going to commit suicide.
Her father had called back, but it was found switched
off, they said.
Both of them had passed the higher secondary exam this
year, family sources said.
Mausam`s father Sarwan owns a stationery shop while
Nikita`s father Ashok Sao has a garment shop.
Mausam`s uncle Suman Modi told reporters that members
of both the affected families will leave for Hardiwar today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state