Body of 4th year engineering student found at hostel
Jamshedpur: The body of a fourth year
student of National Institute of Technology (NIT) was found
hanging at his hostel room in Adityapur, about 5 km from here,
in adjoining Saraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand on Wednesday.
Vinay Pant, a meritorious fourth year student of
electrical engineering, was found hanging in his hostel room
and taken to Tata Main Hospital here, institute sources said.
He was declared brought dead, hospital sources said.
The exact cause behind the incident could not be
ascertained, but we are investigating the matter, Acting
Director of NIT, S B L Saxena said.
Saxena, who went to the hospital on being informed,
said he could make any comments only after discussing with
fellow students and concerned officials.
Pant, a resident of Uttarakhand, had already been
offered job by two companies including Jindal Steel during the
campus selection process and had recently cleared the MBA
entrance (CAT test).
The incident took place barely four days after a third
year student of a polytechnique institute allegedly committed
suicide after he failed to get a job in the ongoing campus
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery