Body of 4th year engineering student found at hostel
Jamshedpur: The body of a fourth year
student of National Institute of Technology (NIT) was found
hanging at his hostel room in Adityapur, about 5 km from here,
in adjoining Saraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand on Wednesday.
Vinay Pant, a meritorious fourth year student of
electrical engineering, was found hanging in his hostel room
and taken to Tata Main Hospital here, institute sources said.
He was declared brought dead, hospital sources said.
The exact cause behind the incident could not be
ascertained, but we are investigating the matter, Acting
Director of NIT, S B L Saxena said.
Saxena, who went to the hospital on being informed,
said he could make any comments only after discussing with
fellow students and concerned officials.
Pant, a resident of Uttarakhand, had already been
offered job by two companies including Jindal Steel during the
campus selection process and had recently cleared the MBA
entrance (CAT test).
The incident took place barely four days after a third
year student of a polytechnique institute allegedly committed
suicide after he failed to get a job in the ongoing campus
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal