Body of 4th year engineering student found at hostel
Jamshedpur: The body of a fourth year
student of National Institute of Technology (NIT) was found
hanging at his hostel room in Adityapur, about 5 km from here,
in adjoining Saraikela-Kharswan district of Jharkhand on Wednesday.
Vinay Pant, a meritorious fourth year student of
electrical engineering, was found hanging in his hostel room
and taken to Tata Main Hospital here, institute sources said.
He was declared brought dead, hospital sources said.
The exact cause behind the incident could not be
ascertained, but we are investigating the matter, Acting
Director of NIT, S B L Saxena said.
Saxena, who went to the hospital on being informed,
said he could make any comments only after discussing with
fellow students and concerned officials.
Pant, a resident of Uttarakhand, had already been
offered job by two companies including Jindal Steel during the
campus selection process and had recently cleared the MBA
entrance (CAT test).
The incident took place barely four days after a third
year student of a polytechnique institute allegedly committed
suicide after he failed to get a job in the ongoing campus
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative