Body of abducted Jharkhand trader found
Ranchi: The body of trader Gyan Chandra Jain, who was abducted Feb 14 while returning home from his factory, was recovered on Thursday, police said.
"The abduction was executed to kill Jain. We have arrested three people on suspicion of murder. One of the arrested persons was working in Jain`s factory," Saket Kumar, Ranchi Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), told reporters.
The body was recovered from the Kulli jungle of Ranchi.
Jain, 70, ran a tyre recycling unit in Simalia, Ratu, 25 km from state capital Ranchi.
According to police, Jain was murdered on the day he was abducted. After killing Jain, the abductors buried his body in the jungle.
The BJP has questioned the law and order situation in the state under president`s rule.
"We express our grief to family members of the killed trader. The law and order situation in the state is worsening under president`s rule. Jharkhand has witnessed two communal clashes, police firing and killing of a trader in the last one month," Raghubar Das, a senior BJP leader, told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?