Body of abducted Jharkhand trader found
Ranchi: The body of trader Gyan Chandra Jain, who was abducted Feb 14 while returning home from his factory, was recovered on Thursday, police said.
"The abduction was executed to kill Jain. We have arrested three people on suspicion of murder. One of the arrested persons was working in Jain`s factory," Saket Kumar, Ranchi Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), told reporters.
The body was recovered from the Kulli jungle of Ranchi.
Jain, 70, ran a tyre recycling unit in Simalia, Ratu, 25 km from state capital Ranchi.
According to police, Jain was murdered on the day he was abducted. After killing Jain, the abductors buried his body in the jungle.
The BJP has questioned the law and order situation in the state under president`s rule.
"We express our grief to family members of the killed trader. The law and order situation in the state is worsening under president`s rule. Jharkhand has witnessed two communal clashes, police firing and killing of a trader in the last one month," Raghubar Das, a senior BJP leader, told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra