Body of abducted Jharkhand trader found
Ranchi: The body of trader Gyan Chandra Jain, who was abducted Feb 14 while returning home from his factory, was recovered on Thursday, police said.
"The abduction was executed to kill Jain. We have arrested three people on suspicion of murder. One of the arrested persons was working in Jain`s factory," Saket Kumar, Ranchi Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), told reporters.
The body was recovered from the Kulli jungle of Ranchi.
Jain, 70, ran a tyre recycling unit in Simalia, Ratu, 25 km from state capital Ranchi.
According to police, Jain was murdered on the day he was abducted. After killing Jain, the abductors buried his body in the jungle.
The BJP has questioned the law and order situation in the state under president`s rule.
"We express our grief to family members of the killed trader. The law and order situation in the state is worsening under president`s rule. Jharkhand has witnessed two communal clashes, police firing and killing of a trader in the last one month," Raghubar Das, a senior BJP leader, told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city