Body of abducted trader found, three arrested
Ranchi: The body of a 70-year-old trader, who was abducted a week ago in Ranchi was found on Thursday after three persons were arrested in this connection, police said.
The body of Gyanchand Jain was exhumed during the day from a forest on the outskirts of Ranchi after one of the arrested persons took the police to the spot where the body of Jain was buried, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Saket Kumar Singh said here.
Jain was killed allegedly by five persons with a huge rock immediately after they abducted him on February 14, the SSP said, adding, they buried Jain`s body in the forest and abandoned the car at a separate place in Gumla to mislead the police.
Three persons have been arrested while two other accused, one of whom was identified as Mukesh, who joined as driver of the Jain, a day before the abduction were absconding, Singh said.
Jain ran a recycling factory in the city and the police suspect that it was a revenge killing after the trader dismissed one of the accused, who had worked in his factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez