Body of abducted trader found, three arrested
Ranchi: The body of a 70-year-old trader, who was abducted a week ago in Ranchi was found on Thursday after three persons were arrested in this connection, police said.
The body of Gyanchand Jain was exhumed during the day from a forest on the outskirts of Ranchi after one of the arrested persons took the police to the spot where the body of Jain was buried, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Saket Kumar Singh said here.
Jain was killed allegedly by five persons with a huge rock immediately after they abducted him on February 14, the SSP said, adding, they buried Jain`s body in the forest and abandoned the car at a separate place in Gumla to mislead the police.
Three persons have been arrested while two other accused, one of whom was identified as Mukesh, who joined as driver of the Jain, a day before the abduction were absconding, Singh said.
Jain ran a recycling factory in the city and the police suspect that it was a revenge killing after the trader dismissed one of the accused, who had worked in his factory.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living