Body of abducted trader found, three arrested
Ranchi: The body of a 70-year-old trader, who was abducted a week ago in Ranchi was found on Thursday after three persons were arrested in this connection, police said.
The body of Gyanchand Jain was exhumed during the day from a forest on the outskirts of Ranchi after one of the arrested persons took the police to the spot where the body of Jain was buried, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Saket Kumar Singh said here.
Jain was killed allegedly by five persons with a huge rock immediately after they abducted him on February 14, the SSP said, adding, they buried Jain`s body in the forest and abandoned the car at a separate place in Gumla to mislead the police.
Three persons have been arrested while two other accused, one of whom was identified as Mukesh, who joined as driver of the Jain, a day before the abduction were absconding, Singh said.
Jain ran a recycling factory in the city and the police suspect that it was a revenge killing after the trader dismissed one of the accused, who had worked in his factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city