Bomb recovery: NIA, Jharkhand Police conduct raids
Ranchi: The NIA along with Jharkhand Police on Tuesday raided various places, including Ormanjhi block, outside the city, in connection with the recovery of nine live bombs from a lodge here yesterday.
City senior superintendent of police Saket Kumar Singh said raids were also conducted at Chakla village in the block after it was discovered that the man, under whose name the room at the lodge was booked, hailed from that place.
However, no arrests were made so far in connection with the recovery made, he said.
During the raids it was established that four or five persons, believed to be involved in it, were seen at Ormanjhi and efforts were on to trace them, Sinha said.
The NIA and Jharkhand Police are on the look out for members of the `Ranchi module` of Indian Mujahideen alleged to have been behind the October 27 Patna serial blasts that claimed six lives and left more than 80 injured.
One person named Ujjair Ahmad was nabbed on October 30 after Imitiaz Ansari another accused was arrested on the day when the serial blasts shook Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes
- Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ tweet review
- John Kerry calls for new measures to counter changing Islamic State