Bomb recovery: NIA, Jharkhand Police conduct raids
Ranchi: The NIA along with Jharkhand Police on Tuesday raided various places, including Ormanjhi block, outside the city, in connection with the recovery of nine live bombs from a lodge here yesterday.
City senior superintendent of police Saket Kumar Singh said raids were also conducted at Chakla village in the block after it was discovered that the man, under whose name the room at the lodge was booked, hailed from that place.
However, no arrests were made so far in connection with the recovery made, he said.
During the raids it was established that four or five persons, believed to be involved in it, were seen at Ormanjhi and efforts were on to trace them, Sinha said.
The NIA and Jharkhand Police are on the look out for members of the `Ranchi module` of Indian Mujahideen alleged to have been behind the October 27 Patna serial blasts that claimed six lives and left more than 80 injured.
One person named Ujjair Ahmad was nabbed on October 30 after Imitiaz Ansari another accused was arrested on the day when the serial blasts shook Patna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees