Brahmaputra Mail accident to be probed
Guwahati: The commissioner of railway safety
will carry out an inquiry into Wednesday`s collision between
Brahmaputra Mail and a goods train at Karanpurato in Jharkhand
that claimed five lives.
Balbir Singh, Commissioner of Railway Safety (NF Circle,
Kolkata), will hold the statutory inquiry into the accident,
Northeast Frontier Railway CPRO S Hajong said.
Singh will conduct the inquiry in the meeting room of
divisional railway manager at Malda in West Bengal on January
13 from 10 am, he said.
Those having knowledge of the accident or matters
connected have been asked to meet the inquiry panel on Friday
or write to Commissioner of Railway Safety, NF Circle, 14
Strand Road (12th Floor), Kolkata-700001.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren