Brahmaputra Mail accident to be probed
Guwahati: The commissioner of railway safety
will carry out an inquiry into Wednesday`s collision between
Brahmaputra Mail and a goods train at Karanpurato in Jharkhand
that claimed five lives.
Balbir Singh, Commissioner of Railway Safety (NF Circle,
Kolkata), will hold the statutory inquiry into the accident,
Northeast Frontier Railway CPRO S Hajong said.
Singh will conduct the inquiry in the meeting room of
divisional railway manager at Malda in West Bengal on January
13 from 10 am, he said.
Those having knowledge of the accident or matters
connected have been asked to meet the inquiry panel on Friday
or write to Commissioner of Railway Safety, NF Circle, 14
Strand Road (12th Floor), Kolkata-700001.
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality