Bridge collapses in Bokaro; disrupts traffic
Bokaro: A bridge on Monday collapsed, affecting transport of materials to Damodar Valley Corporation and Central Coalfields limited in Bokaro district.
The about 200-foot long bridge over a canal suddenly gave in, but no vehicle was crossing it when it collapsed, Bokaro Deputy Commissioner Sunil Kumar told reporters here.
Alternative arrangements would be made to restore traffic on that route which connects Bokaro with Phusro and Gomia areas of the district, he added.
The bridge, which was constructed in 1926, was one of the main routes for transport of materials for the public sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof