Bridge collapses in Bokaro; disrupts traffic
Bokaro: A bridge on Monday collapsed, affecting transport of materials to Damodar Valley Corporation and Central Coalfields limited in Bokaro district.
The about 200-foot long bridge over a canal suddenly gave in, but no vehicle was crossing it when it collapsed, Bokaro Deputy Commissioner Sunil Kumar told reporters here.
Alternative arrangements would be made to restore traffic on that route which connects Bokaro with Phusro and Gomia areas of the district, he added.
The bridge, which was constructed in 1926, was one of the main routes for transport of materials for the public sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon