Brinda Karat against fractured govt in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Claiming that Congress and JMM are getting closer with an aim to form a government in Jharkhand, the CPI (M) on Wednesday demanded dissolution of the house to give an opportunity to the people to elect a fresh regime.
"Some movement by Congress and JMM is being observed with their leaders visiting Delhi. We demand immediate dissolution of the house to pave way for elections and give an opportunity for a fresh mandate," party politburo member Brinda Karat said at a press conference here.
Reminding how "calculations of odd arithmetics" failed after formation of past governments, Karat claimed, "Another `jod/tod (fractured)` government will not augur well for the people of the state."
Jharkhand is under President`s rule from January 18 this year after the JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8 with the hope that it could form another government with the support of the Congress.
The Congress has not come out with a clear stand, as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers