Brinda Karat against fractured govt in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Claiming that Congress and JMM are getting closer with an aim to form a government in Jharkhand, the CPI (M) on Wednesday demanded dissolution of the house to give an opportunity to the people to elect a fresh regime.
"Some movement by Congress and JMM is being observed with their leaders visiting Delhi. We demand immediate dissolution of the house to pave way for elections and give an opportunity for a fresh mandate," party politburo member Brinda Karat said at a press conference here.
Reminding how "calculations of odd arithmetics" failed after formation of past governments, Karat claimed, "Another `jod/tod (fractured)` government will not augur well for the people of the state."
Jharkhand is under President`s rule from January 18 this year after the JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8 with the hope that it could form another government with the support of the Congress.
The Congress has not come out with a clear stand, as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!