Brinda Karat against fractured govt in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Claiming that Congress and JMM are getting closer with an aim to form a government in Jharkhand, the CPI (M) on Wednesday demanded dissolution of the house to give an opportunity to the people to elect a fresh regime.
"Some movement by Congress and JMM is being observed with their leaders visiting Delhi. We demand immediate dissolution of the house to pave way for elections and give an opportunity for a fresh mandate," party politburo member Brinda Karat said at a press conference here.
Reminding how "calculations of odd arithmetics" failed after formation of past governments, Karat claimed, "Another `jod/tod (fractured)` government will not augur well for the people of the state."
Jharkhand is under President`s rule from January 18 this year after the JMM withdrew support to the BJP-led government on January 8 with the hope that it could form another government with the support of the Congress.
The Congress has not come out with a clear stand, as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy
- UK police say almost 6,200 hate crimes in month after Brexit vote