BSF chopper crashes near Ranchi, three killed
Ranchi (Jharkhand): A BSF helicopter on
anti-Naxal duty crashed on the outskirts of Ranchi on Wednesday,
killing two pilots and a technician on board.
The advanced light helicopter (ALH) Dhruv was going to
Chaibasa from Ranchi when its engine caught fire and it
crashed in Khunti jungle, a senior BSF official said.
All three on board the Pawan Hans chopper, Captain Thomas,
Captain S P Singh and technician Manoj Kumar Swain, were
killed in the mishap, he said.
A team of CRPF personnel deployed in the area for
anti-Naxal operation has been rushed to the area. Air Force
too launched a rescue operation from Kalaikunda air base.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan