BSF chopper crashes near Ranchi, three killed
Ranchi (Jharkhand): A BSF helicopter on
anti-Naxal duty crashed on the outskirts of Ranchi on Wednesday,
killing two pilots and a technician on board.
The advanced light helicopter (ALH) Dhruv was going to
Chaibasa from Ranchi when its engine caught fire and it
crashed in Khunti jungle, a senior BSF official said.
All three on board the Pawan Hans chopper, Captain Thomas,
Captain S P Singh and technician Manoj Kumar Swain, were
killed in the mishap, he said.
A team of CRPF personnel deployed in the area for
anti-Naxal operation has been rushed to the area. Air Force
too launched a rescue operation from Kalaikunda air base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad