BSF chopper crashes near Ranchi, three killed
Ranchi (Jharkhand): A BSF helicopter on
anti-Naxal duty crashed on the outskirts of Ranchi on Wednesday,
killing two pilots and a technician on board.
The advanced light helicopter (ALH) Dhruv was going to
Chaibasa from Ranchi when its engine caught fire and it
crashed in Khunti jungle, a senior BSF official said.
All three on board the Pawan Hans chopper, Captain Thomas,
Captain S P Singh and technician Manoj Kumar Swain, were
killed in the mishap, he said.
A team of CRPF personnel deployed in the area for
anti-Naxal operation has been rushed to the area. Air Force
too launched a rescue operation from Kalaikunda air base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh