BSF chopper crashes near Ranchi, three killed
Ranchi (Jharkhand): A BSF helicopter on
anti-Naxal duty crashed on the outskirts of Ranchi on Wednesday,
killing two pilots and a technician on board.
The advanced light helicopter (ALH) Dhruv was going to
Chaibasa from Ranchi when its engine caught fire and it
crashed in Khunti jungle, a senior BSF official said.
All three on board the Pawan Hans chopper, Captain Thomas,
Captain S P Singh and technician Manoj Kumar Swain, were
killed in the mishap, he said.
A team of CRPF personnel deployed in the area for
anti-Naxal operation has been rushed to the area. Air Force
too launched a rescue operation from Kalaikunda air base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- I have not applied for any role with Australian cricket team, clarifies Jason Gillespie
- BJP nominates Piyush Goyal from Maharashtra for Raya Sabha election
- Your financial strength could impact your romantic relationships – Read more
- Hyundai Grand i10 Special Edition launched in India at Rs 6.05 lakh
- Shiv Sena backs Bajrang Dal, says 'take arms to fight terrorism'