BSF chopper crashes near Ranchi, three killed
Ranchi (Jharkhand): A BSF helicopter on
anti-Naxal duty crashed on the outskirts of Ranchi on Wednesday,
killing two pilots and a technician on board.
The advanced light helicopter (ALH) Dhruv was going to
Chaibasa from Ranchi when its engine caught fire and it
crashed in Khunti jungle, a senior BSF official said.
All three on board the Pawan Hans chopper, Captain Thomas,
Captain S P Singh and technician Manoj Kumar Swain, were
killed in the mishap, he said.
A team of CRPF personnel deployed in the area for
anti-Naxal operation has been rushed to the area. Air Force
too launched a rescue operation from Kalaikunda air base.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred