Burglar beaten to death in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A 24-year-old youth was
lynched by a mob allegedly on charges of attempted burglary in the adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The victim identified as Aalu Lohar, an accused in couple of criminal offences including theft and released recently from jail, had made an abortive attempt to steal from a house in Majhitola late last night but the house owner woke up and screamed for help, police said.
Locals immediately assembled on the spot and caught hold Lohar, a resident of adjacent Saldih bustee, before he was thrashed black and blue injuring him seriously, sources said.
A police team, which reached the spot immediately on being informed, rescued the victim from their clutches and rushed him to M G M hospital here, where he succumbed in course of treatment.
A case has been lodged against unknown persons, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees