Burglar beaten to death in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A 24-year-old youth was
lynched by a mob allegedly on charges of attempted burglary in the adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The victim identified as Aalu Lohar, an accused in couple of criminal offences including theft and released recently from jail, had made an abortive attempt to steal from a house in Majhitola late last night but the house owner woke up and screamed for help, police said.
Locals immediately assembled on the spot and caught hold Lohar, a resident of adjacent Saldih bustee, before he was thrashed black and blue injuring him seriously, sources said.
A police team, which reached the spot immediately on being informed, rescued the victim from their clutches and rushed him to M G M hospital here, where he succumbed in course of treatment.
A case has been lodged against unknown persons, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur