Burglar beaten to death in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A 24-year-old youth was
lynched by a mob allegedly on charges of attempted burglary in the adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The victim identified as Aalu Lohar, an accused in couple of criminal offences including theft and released recently from jail, had made an abortive attempt to steal from a house in Majhitola late last night but the house owner woke up and screamed for help, police said.
Locals immediately assembled on the spot and caught hold Lohar, a resident of adjacent Saldih bustee, before he was thrashed black and blue injuring him seriously, sources said.
A police team, which reached the spot immediately on being informed, rescued the victim from their clutches and rushed him to M G M hospital here, where he succumbed in course of treatment.
A case has been lodged against unknown persons, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing