Burglar beaten to death in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: A 24-year-old youth was
lynched by a mob allegedly on charges of attempted burglary in the adjoining Seraikela-Kharswan district.
The victim identified as Aalu Lohar, an accused in couple of criminal offences including theft and released recently from jail, had made an abortive attempt to steal from a house in Majhitola late last night but the house owner woke up and screamed for help, police said.
Locals immediately assembled on the spot and caught hold Lohar, a resident of adjacent Saldih bustee, before he was thrashed black and blue injuring him seriously, sources said.
A police team, which reached the spot immediately on being informed, rescued the victim from their clutches and rushed him to M G M hospital here, where he succumbed in course of treatment.
A case has been lodged against unknown persons, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations