Bus accident kills five in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Five people, including two women, were killed when the bus they were travelling in collided with a truck amid thick fog in Jharkhand`s Giridih district Monday, police said.
According to police, the bus, carrying at least 50 people, collided with a truck on National Highway 2 in Giridih district, around 170 km from here, early Monday.
Three people, including two women, were killed on the spot and 28 were injured. Two seriously injured people succumbed during the course of treatment.
The bus was going to Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh from Kolkata. These people had gone to Gangasagar island to take a holy dip on the festival of Makar Sankranti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state