Campaigning for 2nd phase gains momentum in Jharkhand
Ranchi: The campaigning in Jharkhand is gaining momentum for the second phase of elections.
In the second phase, the polling will be held in second of the next month in 14 of the remaining 55 constituencies.
The leaders of various political parties are attending to the election meetings in different parts of the state.
In the mean time, the Election Commission has ordered repelling at two booths in Pakur assembly constituencies.
The campaigning for the first phase of the five-phased polling for the Jharkhand Assembly ended on Monday (November 23).
The first phase of the poll took place on November 25 for 26 of the 81 seats.
Four former ministers, six former MPs and a former Speaker was among the 470 candidates in the fray during this phase.
During the first phase, 30 constituencies voted. In the third phase seven seats will vote, and 14 and 15 constituencies will vote in the fourth and the fifth phase.
The counting will be held on December 23. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH