Cash-for-vote: Chargesheet filed against ex-Ranchi mayor
Ranchi: The chargesheet against former Ranchi mayor Rama Khalkho in the `cash-for-vote` case that surfaced two days before the April 09 mayoral elections here was filed in a special court on Friday.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Special Vigilance Court ABK Sinha here.
The court had on June 14 rejected Khalkho`s bail who was in judicial custody after she surrendered to the court on June 04.
She had been absconding after the court had issued arrest warrants on April 09 following an FIR lodged against her and two others following the seizure of Rs 21.9 lakh from a hotel in Ranchi on April 07.
The FIR alleged that the money was allegedly kept for electoral malpractices, which led to the state election commission to scrap the mayoral elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC