Cash-for-vote: Chargesheet filed against ex-Ranchi mayor
Ranchi: The chargesheet against former Ranchi mayor Rama Khalkho in the `cash-for-vote` case that surfaced two days before the April 09 mayoral elections here was filed in a special court on Friday.
The chargesheet was filed in the court of Special Vigilance Court ABK Sinha here.
The court had on June 14 rejected Khalkho`s bail who was in judicial custody after she surrendered to the court on June 04.
She had been absconding after the court had issued arrest warrants on April 09 following an FIR lodged against her and two others following the seizure of Rs 21.9 lakh from a hotel in Ranchi on April 07.
The FIR alleged that the money was allegedly kept for electoral malpractices, which led to the state election commission to scrap the mayoral elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site