Cash reward for information about Maoists
Ranchi: Jharkhand police has announced a cash reward of upto Rs 12 lakh for information on hardcore Maoists.
"The upper limit is Rs 12 lakh and the lowest is Rs 30,000," Inspector General of Police S N Pradhan told reporters.
Those having details of Maoist whereabouts could make a call on the numbers of senior police officers given on the police department`s website, he said.
Out of 150 hardcore Maoists, a list of 111 ultras, including 30 from other states who have indulged in violence in Jharkhand, has been released by police headquarters, he said.
In the last one year, Jharkhand police has been successful in convincing many ultras to accept the government`s surrender policy and has nabbed several important Maoist leaders, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!