Cash reward for information about Maoists
Ranchi: Jharkhand police has announced a cash reward of upto Rs 12 lakh for information on hardcore Maoists.
"The upper limit is Rs 12 lakh and the lowest is Rs 30,000," Inspector General of Police S N Pradhan told reporters.
Those having details of Maoist whereabouts could make a call on the numbers of senior police officers given on the police department`s website, he said.
Out of 150 hardcore Maoists, a list of 111 ultras, including 30 from other states who have indulged in violence in Jharkhand, has been released by police headquarters, he said.
In the last one year, Jharkhand police has been successful in convincing many ultras to accept the government`s surrender policy and has nabbed several important Maoist leaders, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter