Cash reward for information about Maoists
Ranchi: Jharkhand police has announced a cash reward of upto Rs 12 lakh for information on hardcore Maoists.
"The upper limit is Rs 12 lakh and the lowest is Rs 30,000," Inspector General of Police S N Pradhan told reporters.
Those having details of Maoist whereabouts could make a call on the numbers of senior police officers given on the police department`s website, he said.
Out of 150 hardcore Maoists, a list of 111 ultras, including 30 from other states who have indulged in violence in Jharkhand, has been released by police headquarters, he said.
In the last one year, Jharkhand police has been successful in convincing many ultras to accept the government`s surrender policy and has nabbed several important Maoist leaders, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends