CBI court completes sentencing of fodder scam convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Friday sentenced three former officials of the Animal Husbandry department and nine suppliers, to between four and six years imprisonment for fraudulently withdrawing Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here in the 1990s.
CBI judge, A H Ansari sentenced former treasury officials
Rakesh Mehra and Rajendra Kumar Harit to four years
imprisonment and gave five years to B P Sinha.
The court also handed out between four and six years
RI to nine suppliers.
The court fined all the 12 convicts between Rs five and
With today`s verdict, the judge completed sentencing
of all the 52 convicted in the case on November 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games