CBI court completes sentencing of fodder scam convicts
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Friday sentenced three former officials of the Animal Husbandry department and nine suppliers, to between four and six years imprisonment for fraudulently withdrawing Rs 19.2 crore from the Doranda treasury here in the 1990s.
CBI judge, A H Ansari sentenced former treasury officials
Rakesh Mehra and Rajendra Kumar Harit to four years
imprisonment and gave five years to B P Sinha.
The court also handed out between four and six years
RI to nine suppliers.
The court fined all the 12 convicts between Rs five and
With today`s verdict, the judge completed sentencing
of all the 52 convicted in the case on November 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS