CBI court convicts 52 fodder scam accused
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Monday
convicted 52 fodder scam accused, including 2 former
regional directors, for fradulently withdrawing about Rs 19.2
crore from a treasury here in the 1990s.
The court of A H Ansari awarded eight of the
convicts, all had been suppliers of the Animal Husbandry
Department (AHD), three years imprisonment and a fine amount
upto ten lakh.
The judge fixed tomorrow to pronounce the quantum of
sentence against the rest 44, including AHD`s ex-Regional
Directors Dr Junul Bhengraj, Dr K N Jha and 25 other
The CBI had booked the 52 under RC46/96 case for
conniving in withdrawing the amount from Doranda treasury here
by producing fake documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials