CBI raids premises of MLAs/industrialists
Ranchi: The CBI on Wednesday raided premises of an industrialist, two MLAs and the relatives of three other legislators as part of investigations into the horse trading allegations that led to scrapping of the March 30 Rajya Sabha elections in Jharkhand.
"We have seized vouchers worth over Rs one crore from the Gurgaon-based office of the industrialist ... We have also seized fixed deposits bonds of Rs 40 lakh from the house of the father of a JMM MLA in Bhubaneswar during the raids,”a senior CBI official said.
The CBI official said the premises of the son-in-law of another industrialist was also raided at Jharsuguda in Odisha.
A Kolkata-based and a Jamshedpur-based industrialist were two independent candidates who had contested the scrapped RS elections.
The CBI official said that the premises of a former MP`s son was raided as he was looking after security arrangements of the JMM MLA.
The residences of two independent MLAs and that of relatives of two belonging to the BJP and RJD were also searched, he said.
Eighteen teams of the investigating agency raided places in Delhi, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Dumka, Godda and Sahibganj, he said.
CBI Director A P Singh had reviewed the investigation into the horse trading charges a month ago and expressed optimism that the probe would be completed within six months.
"We are trying to meet the deadline," the official said when asked about the six-month deadline.
Asked when the CBI would be in a position to file chargesheet in the case, he said "It will take time as we have to go into so many documents, vouchers, laptops, mobile phones and other materials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH