CBI raids premises of MLAs/industrialists
Ranchi: The CBI on Wednesday raided premises of an industrialist, two MLAs and the relatives of three other legislators as part of investigations into the horse trading allegations that led to scrapping of the March 30 Rajya Sabha elections in Jharkhand.
"We have seized vouchers worth over Rs one crore from the Gurgaon-based office of the industrialist ... We have also seized fixed deposits bonds of Rs 40 lakh from the house of the father of a JMM MLA in Bhubaneswar during the raids,”a senior CBI official said.
The CBI official said the premises of the son-in-law of another industrialist was also raided at Jharsuguda in Odisha.
A Kolkata-based and a Jamshedpur-based industrialist were two independent candidates who had contested the scrapped RS elections.
The CBI official said that the premises of a former MP`s son was raided as he was looking after security arrangements of the JMM MLA.
The residences of two independent MLAs and that of relatives of two belonging to the BJP and RJD were also searched, he said.
Eighteen teams of the investigating agency raided places in Delhi, Gurgaon, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Ranchi, Dumka, Godda and Sahibganj, he said.
CBI Director A P Singh had reviewed the investigation into the horse trading charges a month ago and expressed optimism that the probe would be completed within six months.
"We are trying to meet the deadline," the official said when asked about the six-month deadline.
Asked when the CBI would be in a position to file chargesheet in the case, he said "It will take time as we have to go into so many documents, vouchers, laptops, mobile phones and other materials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA