CBI seals offices of 3 DVC Bokaro power unit
Bokaro: The CBI has sealed the offices of three senior officials working with Damodar Valley Corporation’s (DVC) Bokaro power unit and frozen the bank account of one of the officers.
"Twenty CBI officials divided into separate teams
raided the residences and offices of Superintendent Engineer
(Fuel and Efficiency) B D Sahu and Executive Engineers Rudra Sen and Rajiv Ranjan, seized some documents and sealed their offices yesterday," SP (CBI-Dhanbad), Pramod Kumar Majhi, said Wednesday.
"The superintendent engineer accompanied CBI officials to a bank, checked documents and froze the account," he said.
Search warrants were obtained after a case, RC/1/2012, was filed on corruption charges relating to shortage of 59 per
cent of the total coal with the thermal plant.
"Further investigation is on," Majhi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way