CBI team arrests extremist in Jharkhand
Dumka: An extremist of the `Adivasi Cobra Battalion` active in Assam, was arrested by a CBI team from a village in Jharkhand`s Dumka district today, police said.
The three-member CBI team arrested 41-year-old Chunka Hansda, the `deputy chief commandant` from his house at Kadaharbil village with the help of the police, Town Police station in-charge, Devbrat Poddar said.
Hansda went under different alias like Dilip, Master and Ratan Tudu, he said. He was produced in a local court which granted him a four-day transit remand.
Hansda, who made frequent visits to Dumka where he built a house, was wanted for the murder of a man, identified as Basko Charmalo in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor