CBI team arrests extremist in Jharkhand
Dumka: An extremist of the `Adivasi Cobra Battalion` active in Assam, was arrested by a CBI team from a village in Jharkhand`s Dumka district today, police said.
The three-member CBI team arrested 41-year-old Chunka Hansda, the `deputy chief commandant` from his house at Kadaharbil village with the help of the police, Town Police station in-charge, Devbrat Poddar said.
Hansda went under different alias like Dilip, Master and Ratan Tudu, he said. He was produced in a local court which granted him a four-day transit remand.
Hansda, who made frequent visits to Dumka where he built a house, was wanted for the murder of a man, identified as Basko Charmalo in Assam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’