CBI to probe coal allotment scam in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Governor Syed Ahmed has approved state home department`s recommendation for a CBI probe into charges of irregularities in the allotment of coal blocks in Jharkhand.
The governor`s approval came yesterday, an official communique said here.
The home department sent its recommendation for the governor`s stamp of approval after the CBI prima facie found alleged irregularities in the allotment of coal blocks in the state.
Jharkhand is currently under President`s Rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!