CBI to proceed with filing of charge sheet against
New Delhi: CBI has got the nod of the Jharkhand Governor to prosecute Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Sita Soren, who is also the daughter-in-law of Shibu Soren, in connection with alleged horse trading in the Rajya Sabha polls last year.
CBI sources said while sanction against Sita has been received, fate of other seven MLAs, for whom the sanction to prosecute was sought, is not clear.
The sources said the agency can proceed to name these MLAs in the chargesheet only when a sanction to prosecute them is received from the Governor.
They said the agency would proceed to file chargesheet against Sita and R K Agarwal, the businessman who was made accused in the Rajya Sabha polls case. The state is under President`s rule since January.
Agarwal was accused of horse trading during the biennial election last year.
The Election Commission had countermanded the Rajya Sabha polls in two seats in Jharkhand in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash from an aide of Agarwal.
The CBI had taken charge of the investigation, and conducted raids in the premises of at least 23 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!