CBI to proceed with filing of charge sheet against
New Delhi: CBI has got the nod of the Jharkhand Governor to prosecute Jharkhand Mukti Morcha MLA Sita Soren, who is also the daughter-in-law of Shibu Soren, in connection with alleged horse trading in the Rajya Sabha polls last year.
CBI sources said while sanction against Sita has been received, fate of other seven MLAs, for whom the sanction to prosecute was sought, is not clear.
The sources said the agency can proceed to name these MLAs in the chargesheet only when a sanction to prosecute them is received from the Governor.
They said the agency would proceed to file chargesheet against Sita and R K Agarwal, the businessman who was made accused in the Rajya Sabha polls case. The state is under President`s rule since January.
Agarwal was accused of horse trading during the biennial election last year.
The Election Commission had countermanded the Rajya Sabha polls in two seats in Jharkhand in the wake of allegations of horse trading and seizure of Rs 2.15 crore in cash from an aide of Agarwal.
The CBI had taken charge of the investigation, and conducted raids in the premises of at least 23 MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all