Central fund to develop Maoist-hit Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): The Centre has
provided Rs 55 crore for development of Maoist-affected
Hazaribagh district in two phases, official sources said
Out of Rs 55 crore, Rs 25 crore would be spent in the
first year and Rs 30 crore in the second year, the sources
A detailed discussion was held at a meeting chaired by
Deputy Commissioner (DC) Ravindra Kumar Agarwal on development
work like irrigation, drinking water, health care, education
and road in all Maoist-affected areas of the district.
A committee has been formed with the DC being its head
and SP, DDC, DFO, executive engineers of both Road, Irrigation
and PHED as its members.
The committee would make a weekly review of the
progress and implementation of work, the sources said.
The DC directed the officials concerned to prepare
projects and submit him within a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai