Central fund to develop Maoist-hit Hazaribagh
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): The Centre has
provided Rs 55 crore for development of Maoist-affected
Hazaribagh district in two phases, official sources said
Out of Rs 55 crore, Rs 25 crore would be spent in the
first year and Rs 30 crore in the second year, the sources
A detailed discussion was held at a meeting chaired by
Deputy Commissioner (DC) Ravindra Kumar Agarwal on development
work like irrigation, drinking water, health care, education
and road in all Maoist-affected areas of the district.
A committee has been formed with the DC being its head
and SP, DDC, DFO, executive engineers of both Road, Irrigation
and PHED as its members.
The committee would make a weekly review of the
progress and implementation of work, the sources said.
The DC directed the officials concerned to prepare
projects and submit him within a week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections