Chargesheet filed in Nirupama death case
Koderma: The police on Thursday submitted chargesheet in a local court in connection with journalist Nirupama Pathak death case two year ago.
The 131-page chargesheet, filed in the court of the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, accused journalist Priyabhansu Ranjan of abetting Nirupama`s suicide on April 29 2010, when her body was found at her home here.
Now Ranjan is in judicial custody after he had surrendered before the court of R K Singh on June 5.
Initially a case of murder was filed against Nirupama`s mother, Sudha Pathak, and she was arrested. She got bail after remaining three months in judicial custody.
After Nirupama`s body was found at her native place at Chitra Gupta Nagar Colony at Jhumri Telaiya in Koderma town, Ranjan accused the family of killing their daughter as they were opposed to their marriage.
The police, however, had said in its investigation that a forensic laboratory in Kolkata found that the suicide note was signed by Nirupama, and ruled out murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'