Chinese workers working on employment visa: Labour minister
Ranchi: Jharkhand Labour Minister
Chandraprakash Choudhary on Friday said the workforce from China
engaged by a private industry in Bokaro district were working
on employment Visa.
His reply came on a pending query of March 11 raised
by opposition MLAs as to whether the workforce from China were
working on tourist visa or employment visa and why local
were not given preference in the private company.
Stating that the company had recruited 1162 foreign
workforce, including from China, the minister said
Electrosteel, acquired private land to set up its company.
When the opposition raised some more queries like land
acquisition and recruitment issues, Speaker C P Singh asked
the minister to head a team and nominate CPI-ML-Liberation MLA
Vinod Kumar Singh, JVM-P MLA Samresh Singh and Ajsu party
legislator Umakant Rajak to go into other details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31