Chopper carrying Tata Steel officials makes emerge
Jamshedpur: A Tata Steel helicopter carrying some company officials made an emergency landing at Situlata village in Seraikela-Kharswan district due to bad weather this evening, company sources said.
The helicopter carrying personal executive officer to the Tata Steel managing director H M Nerurkar, Arun Mishra and four others including crew members made the emergency landing at a village about 50 km from here but all are safe, said Prabhat Sharma, Head of Corporate Affairs of Tata Steel.
Company officials have left for the spot to bring them back by road, the sources added.
Meanwhile, the steel city and its adjacent areas heaved a sigh of relief from over a fortnight-long scorching heat wave as rains lashed the area on Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional